Chocolate Luxury cake in a jar
Hi Honeys! I have been in silence here for quite some time, mainly because I have been soaking my feet in the golden sands and foaming waters of Venice Beach, LA and also enjoying the blooming spring of New York and tried to keep myself as far from computer as possible. With a quite great success, as you may have noticed.
The other thing that is keeping me busy elsewhere is my book project, well, actually TWO book projects that I´m currently working on. (Gonna hype more about them later! But may I just say that there will be coming up some insanely delicious stuff made with a big and shining heart!) And because there is only one me and only certain amount of hours in the day and a soul that seeks also for relaxed family time so that easily equals some tranquility in this channel.
But, now I got you something special to make up my absence: A luxurious and truly amazing chocolate cake in a jar recipe that I designed a while ago to one Finnish web site but hadn´t posted it here yet. This layered sweetie has it all – the creaminess, some crunchiness, the rich cake layer and above all delicious taste and wholesome ingredients!
And it is actually very simple to assemble even though the instructions may seem quite complicated by a first glance. You just layer some clean chocolate cake crumble, raw chocolate sauce, banana, nuts and coconut whipped cream in a jar and then spoon the magic in your mouth! simple and sensational.
Please let me know the level of your love when you decide to try it! At least my heart expanded to the maximum already with the first bite.
CHOCOLATE LUXURY CAKE IN A JAR
Chocolate Luxury Cake in a Jar
About 5 pieces
- Chocolate cake crumble
- Melted raw chocolate
- Coconut whipped cream
- 1-2 bananas
- Pecan nuts
- About 1 cup sized glass jars
- Prepare the cake cumble by making chocolate muffins.
- Melt the raw chocolate or prepare it yourself.
- Prepare whipped coconut cream.
- Crumble your chocolate cup cakes and add into the bottom of the jars.
- Add some sliced banana and chopped nuts and pour some melted chocolate on.
- Add some whipped coconut cream.
- Crumble in some more chocolate muffins.
- Add banana slices & chocolate sauce & coconut whipped cream & top with chopped nuts.
- Serve and enjoy!
- 2 cups full-fat almond flour
- 2 cups buckwheat flour (or gluten-free oat flour or 50:50)
- 1 cup raw cacao powder
- ½ cup coconut sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 3 organic eggs
- 1 cup melted butter (or coconut oil, or 50:50)
- 1 cup oat milk (or a dairy-free milk beverage of your taste)
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- a pinch of sea salt
Preheat the oven to 350 Fahrenheit (175 Celsius) degrees. Mix the dry ingredients in a bowl. Mix the eggs in another bowl, add melted butter/oil, milk and spices. Add the mix dry ingredients and stir. Spoon the batter to muffin moulds (or a small cake pan) and bake in the oven for about 25-35 minutes. Muffins may be a little soft in the middle. Allow to cool.
Raw Chocolate Sauce:
- 5 tbsp raw cocoa powder
- 1 cup almond milk (or any dairy-free milk beverage)
- 2 tbsp organic honey
- a small pinch of sea salt
- (+ 1 tbsp almond butter if desired)
Add cacao powder to a bowl and stir in the almond milk for a small amount at a time, until you reach desired thickness. Add honey, salt and almond butter and stir until smooth.
Coconut Whipped Cream: Get the insturctions HERE.