Chocolate cup cakes
Dark and delicious! These gluten-free chocolate cup cakes will make your coffee or tea breaks perfect.
( gluten-free, dairy-free )
- 4 dl almond flour (or coconut flour)
- 1 dl raw cocoa powder
- 1 dl coconut palm sugar (or 6 tablespoons of locally produced honey )
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3 organic eggs
- 1 dl melted butter ( or coconut oil )
- 1.5 dl oat milk ( or rice milk, coconut water, etc.)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Pinch of celtic sea salt
- + 3 tablespoons raw cocoa nibs (optional, but recommended)
Preheat the oven to 175 degrees (Celcius). Mix all dry ingredients in a bowl. Add eggs, melted butter/oil, liquids and spices and mix. Stir in some raw cocoa nibs to give the cup cakes some crunchiness. Spoon the batter into cup cake molds and bake in the oven for about 20-30 minutes. The center of the cup cakes should remain a little bit soft. Allow to cool before frosting.
Raw chocolate glaze
- 1 dl of dates
- 4 tablespoons of raw cacao powder
- 3 tablespoons melted extra virgin coconut oil
Mix all ingredients in a blender to a smooth paste. If necessary, add a few tablespoons of water to make the mixture soft. Apply generously on the cup cakes.
Sprinkle some raw cocoa powder or grated raw chocolate on top.